The Barbados Drug Service is inviting businesses to submit applications to provide the nation with authorized health-related cannabinoid merchandise beginning April 2020 and lasting by way of March 31, 2022.
The requested merchandise are not legally readily available in the eastern Caribbean nation at this time.
Separately, a bill was introduced in the country’s parliament this week to regulate health-related marijuana cultivation, licensing, distribution and exports.
In the meantime, the Drug Service is accepting bids till Aug. 26 for the following:
- Nabiximols oral spray with two.7 milligrams of THC and two.five milligrams of CBD per 100-milliliter spray (e.g., Sativex)
- Cannabidiol purified oral answer (e.g., Epidiolex)
- Nabilone (capsules)
- Dronabinol (capsules)
- Cannabinoid nonpsychoactive (e.g., Anabasum capsules)
“The list indicates the 5 authorized health-related marijuana Formulary Drugs are the topic of the tendering course of action,” stated Denise Carter Taylor, senior wellness promotion officer Ministry of Well being and Wellness.
Study the tender documents right here and right here.
The Ministry of Well being and Wellness announced that it authorized the 5 drugs in Could.
At the time, Minister of Well being and Wellness Jeffrey Bostic stated the smoking of health-related marijuana would not be permitted.
The 5 merchandise will be distributed to sufferers at pharmacies with a prescription.
Delores Mascoll, accountable for procurement, stated supplier applicants will have to have a representative on the island who is a Drug Service-authorized regional agent.
The regional distributor will acquire the merchandise, deliver certificates of evaluation and normally act as an intermediary in between the government and the supplier.
Other notable specifications include things like:
- On the initially day of the contract period, at least a 4-month provide of the merchandise must be readily available. Soon after that, a continuous provide is necessary to be readily available in the course of the remainder of the contract.
- Shipments from an overseas supplier will be the duty of the supplier and the Barbados-primarily based regional distributor.
- Items readily available in Barbados will be from batches authorized and marketed in the nation exactly where they are created.